The Only Guide You Need to Find Out How to Get to Duomo Milan
Where is Duomo Milan Located?
The Duomo is located in the main square of Milan, the Piazza del Duomo, which it shares with the Palazzo Reale (Royal Palace), the Palazzo della Ragione, the Palazzo degli Olympionici and several other buildings.
Address: Piazza del Duomo, 20122 Milano MI, Italy | Find on maps
Closest Landmark: Royal Palace (150 meters away)
Getting to Duomo Milan by Public Transport
Travel time: 5 minutes
Closest station: Duomo M3
Duomo Milan is easily accessible via the metro. If you’re traveling from Centrale FS Station, board Metro Line 3 and alight at Duomo M3. The travel time is under five minutes. Reach Duomo Milan by walking a few meters from the station. You can also travel on Metro Line 1 from Bisceglie station, but you need to walk 600 meters from the Central Station Area to reach Bisceglie. Deboard at the Duomo station and walk 110 meters to reach the cathedral. Metro Lines 1 and 3 run through Duomo Milan.
Travel time: 22 minutes
Closest stop: Cordusio M1
Tram lines 12, 27, and 3 pass through Duomo Milan. If your starting point is the Central Station Area, board the tram on route number 1 from Via Settembrini; the boarding point is Roserio. After about 10 stops, alight at Cordusio M1 Station. You can walk to Duomo Milan from here, which will take you about 4 minutes.
Travel time: 35 minutes
Closest stop: L.go Augusto
Bus numbers 57, 60, 73, and B15 will get you to Duomo Milan. From the Central Station Area, take bus number 60 from Via Vitruvio and get down at L.go Augusto. The Cathedral is an 8-minute walk from here.
Travel time: 16 minutes
Getting a cab to Duomo Milan is one of the easier and faster travel options. The basic taxi fare in Milan is €3.70, which increases at a rate of €1.80 to €1.20 every kilometer. You can easily hire a local taxi from anywhere in the city to get to Duomo Milan.
Getting to Duomo Milan by Car
Travel time: 14 to 16 minutes
There are three routes you can take to reach Duomo Milan from Central Station. The easiest route is through Via Pietro Mascagni. Join Via Vitruvio from Via Roberto Lepetit and continue on Via Vitruvio for 2.4 kilometers.
From Via Pietro Mascagni get on to the Via Conservatorio and Via Filippo Corridoni until you reach Piazza Fontana. Alternatively, you can take a local taxi from the Central Station area to get to Duomo Milan.
While parking isn't available at the attraction, many nearby spaces are available.
- Parcheggio Brera - Silvio Pellico: This is the closest parking space to Duomo Milan, just 200 meters away from the Cathedral.
- Autorimessa Matteotti: A five-minute drive from Duomo Milan. It's located in the city center and close to the main road.
- Parking LaRinascente: This parking space is close to Duomo di Milano. It is open till 1 AM daily.
- Car Central Parking: This parking lot is 3.8 kilometers away from Duomo Milan. The car parking space is located inside the city and is easily accessible. It is open 24 hours.
Walking to Duomo Milan
Travel time: 13 minutes from Sforzesco Castle
If you’re in the vicinity, you can walk to Duomo Milan and marvel at the other attractions in the Piazza del Duomo. Head southeast from Sforzesco Castle and enter Piazza Castello. Turn left toward Largo Cairoli.
At the roundabout, take the fourth exit onto Via Dante and continue for half a kilometer. Once you reach Via Orefici, turn left at Via Victor Hugo and then turn right onto Passaggio Duomo. You will be able to see the Cathedral from here. Walk towards the entrance of the Cathedral.
Best Ways to Get to Duomo Milan
- Budget-friendly: The cheapest and most convenient way to get to Duomo Milan is by the metro or tram. A basic ticket will cost you €1.50 for the tram and €2 for the metro
- Fastest route: The fastest way to reach Duomo Milan is also by the metro. You can reach the Cathedral in about 5 minutes from the Central Station Area.
- Sightseeing: Walking is the best way to explore the beauty of Milan. The Cathedral is located in the Piazza del Duomo, which houses other iconic landmarks such as the Sforzesco Castle, Sant’Ambrogio Basilica, and more. Take your time to walk around the Piazza before or after your visit to Duomo Milan.
Book Duomo Milan Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions About How to Get to Duomo Milan
A. Duomo Milan is located in the Piazza del Duomo Square in the center of the city.
A. The Duomo Milan address is Piazza del Duomo, 20122 Milano MI, Italy.
A. Reaching Duomo Milan from anywhere in Milan is easy. Visitors can use public transport options like the metro and tram to save money and time.
A. The fastest way to get to Duomo Milan is by traveling on the metro. Lines 1 and 3 pass through Duomo Milan.
A. The cheapest way to get to Duomo Milan is by using public transport - tram, metro, or bus.
A. The closest bus stop to Duomo Milan is L.go Augusto.
A. The closest metro station to Duomo Milan is Duomo M3.
A. The closest tram station to Duomo Milan is Cordusio M1.
A. Duomo Milan has no free car park facility. You can park in private pay and park establishments close to the attraction. Most parking lots are located within a 1 Km radius of the Cathedral.
A. Yes, parking for disabled persons is available at the nearby parking lots.
A. Yes, Duomo Milan is in the heart of Milan. Tourists can walk to Duomo Milan from other popular tourist attractions nearby.